Title: ADRION 5 SENSES
Priority Axis: 2) Sustainable Region
The ADRION area has high potential for further development of sustainable tourism; however tourism suffers from several weaknesses. The common territorial challenge to be addressed by ADRION 5 SENSES is the lack of a sustainable tourism model based on innovative, high-quality tourism product and services.
The project suggests a holistic approach to sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch to develop effective branding strategies and boost the performance of ADRION destination by creating conditions to enhance tourist experiences. This integrated approach (sensory marketing) is new and innovative for the ADRION area.
The overall objective: is to build and promote the ADRION brand name in tourism by indulging all five senses of tourists.
The specific objective: is to direct effort of ADRION stakeholders to the sustainable planning of physical/virtual settings and valorisation and preservation of natural/cultural heritage, in which positive and memorable experiences are more likely to emerge,leading to positive outcomes, such as tourist loyality.
The project aims to use technology for the co-creation of enhanced destination experiences. The ADRION destination has the opportunity to better address the multi-sensory nature of the tourist experience in order to design experiences by exploring the potential of ICT.
The ADRION 5 SENSES Project Partnership is compose by 10 partners from different Adriatic-Ionian countries (Greece, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Albania).
The main results of the project include a joint strategy and an action plan for better and more sustainable management of tourism in the Adriatic-Ionian area, the realisation of the ADRION brand and demonstration actions (map of sensations, Multilingual Web platform and exhibition centres) for the benefit of local/regional/national authorities, SMES, business support organisations, universities, etc.
Project duration: 24 months – January 2018 – December 2019
Budget: € 1.437.000
Lead partner Region of Epirus – Ioannina (GR)
- Region of Epirus – Ioannina (GR) – Lead partner;
- Development Agency of Evia SA - Grecia;
- SIPRO Agenzia provinciale per lo Sviluppo - Italia;
- Zadar County Development Agency ZADRA NOVA - Croazia;
- RDA of Northern Primorska Ltd. Nova Gorica - Slovenia
- Sarajevo Economic Region Development Agency – Bosnia Erzegovina;
- Regional Agency for Economic Development of Šumadija and
- Pomoravlje - Serbia;
- Albanian Development Fund – Albania
- National Tourism Organisation of Montenegro – Montenegro
- Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications of the Republic of Serbia - Serbia