The project LIFE IRIS (September 2015 –March 2019) aims to support SMEs in becoming more resilient to climate change, by mean of adaptation measures. Identification and implementation of measures will be carried out through a cluster approach, when cluster means:
- group of business located in a same productive area
- group of business related one another through the same supply chain
First type of experimentation will be tested on 2 productive areas in Emilia Romagna, Modena and Ferrara – San Giovanni di Ostellato – and within the beer supply chain of Carlsberg, the 3rd brewer in Italy and its supply chain has a worldwide relevance.
- for each cluster, an adaptation plan will be defined, on the basis of the results of a risk assessment
- ftwo more actions are scheduled, with a cross-cutting value, leading to tools that can be useful for all those companies interested in climate change adaptation
- fone action is aimed to promote financial tools based on rewarding criteria for climate resilient enterprises or enterprises belonging to climate resilient cluster
- the last one will develop a web portal aimed to give information about risks and opportunities related to climate change impacts to enterprises belonging to clusters involved in demonstration actions